In youth hostels you will find a varied task sphere
Guest service – Reception
- Information and tasks regarding check-in and check-out as well as guidance of the guest in the reception area and on telefon.
- Assistance in the organisation and management of programme offers for guests related to the programme priorities of the youth hostel.
- Assistance in the bistro or cafeteria
- Reparations / maintenance of bed frames, tables and chairs.
- Organisation of the waste disposal
- Assistance in maintenance and painting
- Cleaning the courtyard, winter service as well as taking care of the outdoor area
- Examination of the machines and plants, especially the locking system and the fire protection equipment
- Preparing of the meal portions, meal service counter, withdrawal of the dishes, operating the dishwasher
- Assistance in the cleaning of the common areas, the rooms and sanitary areas
- Housekeeping of the guest rooms and common rooms for seminars or conferences
- Assistance in other areas in the event of exceptional workload.
Particular task can occur more because of seasonal task.
The average working time is 40 hours per week. It can be spread over more than five days and can include weekend and night duty. The working times and task will be coordinated with the hostel management..