An excellent location!
"There are already enough boring towns" is what Duke Eberhard Ludwig always used to say. That's why he founded Ludwigsburg. The magnificent heart of the town is the Baroque Royal Palace - with its porcelain factory, which Duke Carl Eugen founded in 1758. No less charming are the palaces of Favorite and Monrepos. The more than 30 hectares around the residential palace are home to the Blooming Baroque" park and the magical fairy-tale garden. In the baroque town centre, you'll find the dwellings and birthplaces of Ludwigsburg's famous poets and enjoy the chance to go shopping and dining.
The hostel is on the eastern outskirts of the town on the Schlösslefeld field above the Neckar bridge.
- Football field
- Indoor swimming pool
- Outdoor swimming pool
Hiking - nothing but nature
- Castle with fairy-tale garden in the Blooming Baroque park (2 km)
- Neckar boat trip e.g. to Hessigheim (rock gardens) (2 km)
- Lakeside palace of Monrepos - Hohenasperg fortress (6 km)
- Marbach am Neckar (sightseeing, Schiller Museum) (9 km)
Lots to experience
- Stuttgart (Wilhelma Zoo, planetarium, museums & theatres, musicals, TV tower, state parliament) (20 km)
- Tripsdrill adventure park, Cleebronn (27 km)
- Fildorado leisure pool, Filderstadt (35 km)
- Cistercian monastery Maulbronn (36 km)
- Guttenberg Castle (birds of prey centre) (43 km)
- AQUAtoll (pool & spa complex), Neckarsulm (50 km)
- Bad Wimpfen (imperial palace) (50 km)